Be Productive! 5 Things To Do to Increase Productivity

4:09 PM


Hey guys! I am currently sitting in Starbucks right now as I am writing, and I just finished up homework assignments that were due. As I was finishing up, I was thinking about how much work I got done in the few hours I've been here. It also made me think about this post I am giving you right now! 

I am SO horrible at trying to be productive. Whenever I actually sit my butt down to do work, I end up being distracted by my phone or my sister wanting to watch Glee with me. However, whenever I want to get stuff done, here are some things that I do to keep moving on!



1. Get out of your house! I know that our teachers/professors assign us work to do at home. But who said it had to actually be at home? I find it better for me to not be doing homework at my house because I get so distracted. I like to go to Starbucks and sit with my latte and cake pops (am I the only one who does this?), and have my huge laptop sitting out, finishing up assignments. I don't know what it is, but I get everything I need to done outside of my home. And, it doesn't necessarily have to be at Starbucks. You can go to another favorite coffee shop you like, or even right outside of your house. I love doing homework outside during this time of year because it is just so relaxing, and I get a bit of a tan out of it!



2. Write it down! Whenever you have homework or projects due, it is so important to write it down. Now, I am not saying to type, because typing doesn't count! For me, I find it best to write it down because if I'm typing it, it just doesn't go through as much as if I write it down. Which leads to my next point...



3. Add some color in those notes! I started doing this at the beginning of the school year, and it helps out so much! Color-coordinating your notes not only makes writing out those boring, long lecture notes fun, but it definitely assists me in memory. I usually write in ROY G. BIV order, but any kind of color combo works!



4. Put the phone away! I am with everyone else in the world when I say that my phone is the biggest distraction for me. It distracts me from doing devotionals every morning, from listening in on conversations, and from studying for my exams. I watched a YouTube video on how to be productive, and they suggested to hide your phone. Whenever we have our phones by us, we feel so compelled to check Twitter or aimlessly scroll through Instagram liking Taylor Swift's photos for the millionth time. I leave my phone on my bed while I'm trying to get stuff done and do my work by my desk area. I realized it cuts out all of that wasteful time and I actually finish what I'm supposed to have done!



5. Find/Create the perfect homework/studying playlist! Let's be honest: studying sucks. I absolutely despise studying because I cannot sit for that long reading a textbook or keep going over notes or notecards. Listening to music can help with that! I do suggest whenever you are finding or creating your own playlist, go for more mellow songs. Upbeat, poppy songs will definitely be a distraction because it will make you want to get up and dance, which is not what you want! Indie music and acoustics are what I tend to go for. You can look at 8tracks for some really good indie ones. Spotify is another one that has a really great selection of study songs.

I just thought I'd share this with you all! I really hope this helps you guys get down to business and get through those long hours of homework and studying! Also, let me know what you guys do to get stuff done! I would love to have more tips to have under my arsenal!

Yours truly,

Leighan

photos: title, 2, & 3: my own. 1, 4, 5

You Might Also Like

0 comments