8 Reasons to Get Excited for Fall Now

11:20 AM



Hello friends! So, today I was just browsing through my Pinterest when I saw people I follow already pinning fall outfit inspirations and such. It got me really excited for fall, and I thought about this post. Now, I know August just started, but I just couldn't help myself! If you're just as ready for summer to be over as I am, this post will put you into that autumn mood!



1) Autumn bonfires: Of course, it wouldn't be a fall post without talking about bonfire nights! Bonfires are wonderful for all seasons, but there's something about the fall season that makes them all the more comforting. I love snuggling up by the fire with my huge, super warm and cozy blanket wrapped around me, with a prong stacked with marshmallows on it. For me, summer bonfires require a lot more sticky heat and bugs. In the fall, there's a rare chance of a gnat ending up in your perfectly golden marshmallow, and you're not turning into a puddle of sweat!



2) Pumpkin/apple picking: Another obvious fall staple, pumpkin picking is such a must! I live for finding patches and spending the whole day picking the perfect pumpkins with either my friends or family. When I used to live up north, my family and I loved taking the drive to the closest apple orchard we could find. We would always stop in their little market and grab several jugs of fresh apple cider, and find the best apple pies ever. Apple picking is a great alternative if you are not a pumpkin fan. However, both are pretty rad! Take it from me: make sure it's not still hot where you live before you go pumpkin or apple picking. I have learned the hard way that doing these while it is still hot is an unpleasant time. It's always best to try to do it when it gets cooler! And also, doing it in cooler weather calls for the cutest photo ops with your friends!



3) Exploring a nearby town or city: I have noticed that different cities produce all different kinds of beautiful fall scenery. I highly recommend taking a day trip with close pals and just exploring the different parks near you. Also, if you can, also try visiting a nearby Botanical Gardens! I bet they have such an exquisite view for the perfect photography moment! Just get lost and enjoy the town! Discover a cute coffee shop where you and your friends can chill and catch up. Have some great fellowship memories that will last a lifetime! 



4) Gorgeous scenery: Speaking of scenery, can we just talk about how amazing the colors are in the fall? I love driving by and seeing all of the reds, oranges, yellows, and browns! To me, seeing those colors actually puts me in a good mood. I guess it's because instead of seeing plain green for 6 months, seeing fresh colors makes me really happy... not to mention that I can actually breathe whenever I go outside....



5) Fall fashion: Because the weather gets cooler, that means that those skinny jeans and cute jackets that have been collecting dust in your closet can finally get some good usage! I absolutely love just throwing on a big, cozy sweater (which I love finding at Goodwill and any other thrift store) and some leggings, jeans if I'm feeling fancy. Nothing beats stepping outside in that crisp, fall air, hearing the leaves crunch under your boots, cuddling closer into your sweater. There are so many cute fashion opportunities that can be done in the fall, just ask Pinterest!



6) Those crafty little lattes...: I am pretty sure by now that fall wouldn't be fall without those Pumpkin Spice Lattes roaming around Starbucks. Call me crazy, but I go all out when it comes to seasonal drinks and flavors. I usually try to treat myself with the coffee powerhouse's PSL, but I like to make my own at home when I'm feeling fancy. Most of the time, I just use a coffee creamer. PSL's and any other falltime lattes make the season cozier than ever!



7) Football season: I know some don't even like sports, but football season is practically a staple to this season. People live for gamedays where they show pride for their team. Whether it be the NFL or the SEC, you can bet that you will see at least one person sporting some official gear. Their excitement is contagious, especially if you end up going to one of those games. There's something about being in that stadium, hearing the cheers of thrill fill the arena, colors blending into one that makes it so special, it's hard to put in to words.



8) Halloween & Thanksgiving: The fall season is not only home to football games, but to two pretty well-known and loved holidays. Halloween is that time of year where you can go get dressed up and ask around for candy. Personally, I really love Thanksgiving. I love that time of familial fellowship where you give thanks for all of the wonderful blessings God has placed in your life. I also really enjoy that beautiful turkey perfectly placed in the middle of the table, just waiting to be eaten. I also cannot live without my warm apple pies a la mode. Thanksgiving is a leeway to the holiday season, thanks to Black Friday following suit, eventually putting an end to a wonderful fall season and beginning the holiday festivities.

I hope this post gets you pumped on the upcoming season! What makes you love the falltime? If fall isn't your cup of tea, what's your favorite thing about your favorite time of year? Let me know!

Yours truly,
Leighan

(photo creds: 1, 3, & 6: weheartit / 2, 4, 5, & 8: Pinterest / 7: UofSC Twitter)

You Might Also Like

0 comments