Find & Seek

9:51 AM


Hello fam! Long time no chat! I know it's been light years since I've written a post, but, as always, life got the better of me. Also, to be honest, I really haven't been inspired as much as I used to. It's like I have ideas, but they just don't transfer well. I guess I lost my "groove" for a while.

Today, however, I feel like God is showing me a new beginning. A new chapter of my relationship with Him that I never really got down entirely. I'll be real with you all and say I haven't been reading as much as I used to, and I felt as though each and everyday I would get somewhat weaker. It's like as if I wasn't getting nourished enough because I wasn't on my devo game everyday. I felt... stoic. I felt like I either had way too much emotion (aka fury, in my case), or none at all. I felt numb to the things happening around me, not really feeling anything at all.

Today, I decided it was going to be different, considering I had a lot of time to do so. I took out my bible, and I felt the Lord calling me to Isaiah 55. I opened it up, and I knew from the first few verses that this was something I needed to hear. When I got to verses 6 & 7, I felt tears, actual tears, stinging in my eyes. It says,

Seek the Lord while He may be found. Call upon him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.

When it comes to people that either A) start to slowly drift away from Him [me], or B) literally leave Him behind and never look back, we tend to change in the way we act because we think we can do it all, and when we stray God will smite us. But that's not the case at all. The Lord wants us to come to Him with problems, with our struggles... with everything. He doesn't want us straying away for any reason, he just wants us to know that no matter what we do or have done, He loves us. He wants us to be on the side of eternal victory! He doesn't want us craving materialistic things, He wants us to crave Him! No matter what, He loves us and wants to have and continue a relationship with us. How many people can do that?

For all of those who are struggling today in whatever areas that you do, know this: He knows your struggle, and He wants you to come to him with a humbled heart and lean & trust in Him. When you do that, your life will be changed from sorrow and weeping to joy and peace. Rest in that each and everyday!


Yours truly,
Leighan


You Might Also Like

0 comments