5 Ways to Stay Motivated This Summer!

9:50 AM


Am I the only one who is genuinely excited for summer to get here? I'm excited to have lake days, sunny afternoons, and getaways. With all that being said, what I'm not excited for is the whole staying fit thing. I have such a hard time staying motivated because I also like to stay home and watch Friends and Gossip Girl until 12 AM rolls around. I have noticed these tips have helped me to keep fit and going during the summer!


First tip that keeps me going: join a gym! Joining a gym makes me want to get some good use out of that $30 per/mo. that I'm spending. Not only will you be getting your money's worth, you can do so many things at the gym! You could do some cardio, lift weights, and, if some gyms have them, go swim some laps at the pool! When summertime hits, I usually like to do some cardio, machines, and hit the pool to swim laps and get some more sweat out by hitting the steam room. It's one of my favorite things to do!


If you don't have the cash to get a gym membership or just simply don't want to shell out cash to get fit, that's okay! Just going outside can work as well. You can run outside in your neighborhood, jog in your local park, or run laps in your local pool/lake/beach! Where I live, we have a dam that people run all the time, which is so convenient and motivating. If you have a beach by you, it makes running along the shore so much more challenging and doing some sunrise yoga all the more thrilling and something to look forward to. I'd kill to have a beach close to me to do that!


Those morning yoga seshes would be so much more fun when you have friends motivating you! Working out with a friend or relative or partner makes working out not feel like a work out. It turns into a fun game that can be so rewarding. I like working out with my sister because she pushes me to work harder and to focus. She's one of my biggest motivators! Find a buddy like that, and you'll be keeping up the good work like no other!


Another great motivator is to join a class! It can be at your local gym or it can be at a studio! I know big cities have Soulcycle and whatnot, and that is something to take advantage of! Also, places like New York and LA have free classes you can take! My gym has Zumba, yoga, and so many others! I personally love Zumba because not only do I get a workout, it improves my dance moves as well!


If you're a person that isn't all about going outside to work out, try finding workouts on YouTube or through an app! YouTube is a mecca of all things viral, and there are workouts galore on there! From Jillian to Cassey, you can find so many different genres! Speaking of Cassey, she has a Blogilates app that has all of her workouts on specific dates. There are three different kinds of calendars: a Beginner's Workout, Beginner's 2.0, and the regular Workout Calendar. You only pay $0.99 for the Beginner's and the 2.0, and per month for the regular calendar. I use it all the time, and I absolutely love it!

So, there you have it! I hope these tips can help you stay active this summer! What's your favorite thing to do that keeps you active over the summer? Let me know! I'm always looking for different ways to keep at it!

Yours truly,

Leighan

(photo sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5: Tumblr. 6: WeHeartIt)

You Might Also Like

0 comments