My Favorites... So Far

10:28 AM

(via Tumblr)

Hey fam! Once again, I have failed at blogging, and I'm so sorry! I haven't been all that inspired to be honest, and I have had life just come at me in the past three weeks. I do hope to maintaining a schedule for this so I can give you all timely content at good quality!

Now, I know that it is too late for an August favorites post, and too early for a September one. I thought about waiting it out, but I just simply couldn't! I decided to just mash up the things that I am currently loving at this very moment, right now. Maybe in the future, I'll be more on-time with these favorites.. we shall see!


First up is a product I never thought I would be obsessed over. I have heard that Rimmel's foundations kind of run a bit pink-ish in tone, which sucks for people like me who are more olive-toned. I was currently running out of my e.l.f. tinted moisturizer, and I needed to find a budget-friendly alternative ASAP. I remembered my color in Maybelline's foundations and I decided to look through my other options. The closest (and cheapest) one I found was this little guy, and I was determined to give it a shot. After all, it was $4! I was very surprised with the results of this, because it makes my face just matte enough, not so much that I look cakey. I am in love with this foundation!


This next product is something I have actually had for several months now. This nude palette from Maybelline has such gorgeous colors and has been a staple for quite some time. I decided to change up looks, and I'm obsessed with the gold, the matte skin-tone, the matte dark brown, and that shimmery taupe-ish color. They just compliment me so well, it's my new go-to look this fall!


So, I don't know about you college kids, but trying to find the perfect "gameday" colors is harder than trying to figure out student loans. There are so many colors that could be the right one, but then you realize it's way off! I was actually at work when I saw this from Forever 21 (shade is Sangria), and I became obsessed! I ended up buying it, and I currently have them on my nails! Since USC's colors are garnet and black, this color was a perfect match! I love it!


This was another product that I bought on a (budgeted) whim. I was trying to find another dry shampoo when I stumbled upon this beaut! My sister and I were obsessed with the scent, and I enjoyed the fact that it gives added volume to second, third, or fourth day hair! Whenever I actually do my hair, it gets flat really quick, and this dry shampoo not only keeps that gross oil away, but it makes my hair have the perfect amount of volume that it looks like I just got my hair re-done! It is so worth it!


Moving onto clothing, I am back into my love for sweater weather! Although in the south it is still pretty hot, the mornings (and overcast days) have been pretty chilly. The pullover on the right is one of my many amazing Goodwill finds, at only $3! I seriously recommend going to your local thrift store to find sweaters and flannels, because you get pretty good quality items for dirt cheap. That sweater is going to be a huge staple for when it gets colder around here!
The one on the left is from Forever 21, and it is the best $20 I have ever spent on a heavy cardigan! It keeps me super warm during those brisk, 40-something mornings we southerners have been having. When it gets to be October, I'm most likely going to wear this so much!


Another gameday find from Forever 21, this cross-body is going to be another staple of mine! I have heard that these types of bags work best during gamedays, but I have been using mine 24/7! It's a pretty decent size, not to small, not too big. I usually try to get bigger bags so I can hold a lot more, but I've noticed I literally throw everything in them! The switch to this one makes it easier to keep my bag clean, and not impulsively just throw receipts and other random things into my bag. It's so awesome!


Okay, so I don't know about you guys, but I love planners! This one by Blue Sky is so functional, and not to mention cute! This exact one can't be found online, but go to the Blue Sky website, and they have the gold one in stock! I love that it has the month-and-week-at-a-glances, which make it easier for me to properly plan out my weeks accordingly! I will admit I have not been on my planner game for a bit, but once things start up for me, I'll be using this a whole lot more!


This next favorite is such a staple for me, especially in the upcoming months. Bath & Body Works always gets me with their festive candles, and I couldn't help but pick one up last week! I will admit, as much as I love pumpkin and all of that, I am not really feeling pumpkin scents that much! I do still love my Sweater Weather candle though, which will always be my favorite. The Vanilla Chai is from last year, and as of this post, it is currently run out! I don't think they are carrying it anymore which stinks, but I'm so willing to try out newer ones. As of this post, they are having their 2 for $24 on candles, so go grab some! If you are on a budget, I also highly recommend Glade's fall scents! I have Hit the Road, and it was only $2, and it's amazing!


So, I am that person that likes to change up their throws and pillows for each season. I decided on not getting new pillows (for now), but I was on the hunt for a good, budget-friendly blanket. I had the idea of a gray one in mind, which was not easy to find. This one from Walmart was only $9, and it is honestly one of the best blankets I've owned! I can't find the exact one online, but check out your local Walmart in the home section to find them! I believe it was a part of the whole college section they had, and this size the twin-XL. It is SO SOFT, and it puts me in this warm, cozy mood! And it looks so good with my pillows that I have from last year! 

(via weheartit)

This fall season, I am even more obsessed with creating/finding playlists that perfectly set up the mood! I have scoured Spotify high and low for some, but only came across one that I enjoyed. I decided to make my own on there, and I constantly listen to it! To be honest, the whole playlist is Sleeping at Last's Atlas EP because it just screams fall! I also have been enjoying old-school Christian music, like MercyMe's Almost There and Casting Crown's The Altar and the Door. It is such a throwback, but I really do love them! Head over to my Spotify to see what else I'm listening to!

(via weheartit)
If any of you are Tumblr users, you'll know why I have put this one as a favorite! I recently re-made a Tumblr that sort of coincides with this blog, so you all can see what I'm loving! Recently, I've been reblogging a LOT of fall-themed posts, and I honestly have no shame. I used to have another one with a pretty decent following, but that was a part of me that I am not really feeling revisiting, hence the remake! If you are Tumblr-obsessed, and have that sweet tooth for fall like I do, head over to the blog!





My last favorite is kind of random, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to post this! I like to DIY for the fall season for some reason, and I decided to make my own garland! I was going to buy one from Target, but I was not about to be spending so much money on something I could do easily. I ended up spending about $8-$9 instead of about $13! I might put up a tutorial on this, so let me know if that would be something you guys are interested in!

Well, there you have it! Looking back at this post, it's kind of my fall favorites... regardless, these are my current favorites and obsessions. I hope you guys enjoyed this!

Also, let me know what you guys are loving! And what is making you excited for the falltime? I love bonding over this season, it's just so awesome!

Love and blessings,

Leighan

You Might Also Like

0 comments