Music of the Month: February '15

2:45 PM


Hello friends!

So, with this post, I didn't want to do another fashion one. I kind of wanted to do something a bit different. When it comes to seasons/months/holidays, it feels like I always have a certain type of music or a certain artist playing. Last year around this time, it was the Bangerz album and 'Yonce's new beats. This year is a whole other ballgame. 

WeHeartIt

I have been really into the infamous Rumours album by Fleetwood Mac. I know it is kind of random, but this just didn't spawn out of nowhere. My brother listened to this album a lot, and when he moved out, I decided to go ahead and buy the album (which is only $8 on iTunes... just saying!) on a whim. Needless to say, I was so glad I bought this album! 
Noteworthy Tracks: "Dreams" is such a wonderful, moody track that I love to play whenever I'm doing homework. I don't know if that sounds weird, but it really is my focus song! And Stevie Nicks' soulfully-soft voice just does so much wonders. Also, "The Chain" has always been a low-key favorite of mine, it makes me feel like I can conquer the world. And, it's a great song to just march into a room with confidence! Another one has to be "I Don't Wanna Know". Ever since that Glee episode with Quinn and Sam belting this one, it has always been a dream of mine to sing it with a boy whom I've just broken up with... Is that bad?

jesusculture.com

My next one is probably the polar opposite of Rumours. Still Believe is the live album by the crazy talented Kim Walker-Smith. For those of you who don't know her, she is a Christian artist who is a part of the pretty well-known group in church circles, Jesus Culture. My sister introduced me to this album a while back, but as of lately, it is all I can listen to! Kim has this powerful voice that can move mountains, and her songs always bring me back to God.
Noteworthy Tracks: The titular track, "Still Believe" recently struck a chord with me. Her spontaneous moments in this song really hit home. She sings about how Jesus' blood sets us free and makes us new in His eyes and how we still believe His blood is sufficient for us. I was in a kind of depression, and this song just made me really have my come-to-Jesus moment. Its a powerful song. "The King is Here" is another great one. It is such a good worship song, I'm vying for my church to play it on Sunday!

What is you guys' favorite albums/artists this month? I want to check out what you guys have been jamming to! I love listening to new music!

Love,
Leighan

You Might Also Like

0 comments